Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just in plain poor taste" Ice Cream ad featuring pregnant nun


Controversial ice cream ads to be placed on Pope's route

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) announced today it had banned the ad for the Antonio Federici brand for ''making a mockery'' of the beliefs of Roman Catholics.
The advert, which appeared in The Lady and Grazia magazines earlier this year, showed the heavily pregnant nun standing in a church holding a tub of ice cream and a spoon, with text stating ''Immaculately conceived'' and ''Ice cream is our religion''.

Even for non Catholics, this is in poor taste and I would boycott the product. I once went to my local drive in during Halloween. All the carhops were dressed up. The one that waited on me was  a pregnant nun. I asked her how that happened since the nuns took a vow of chastity. She gave a smart answer and I complained to the manager. Poor taste is not funny!

 

No comments:

Followers