Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Even Lady Gaga is preaching it....abstinence!!


You know I have seen a little of this woman and hardly thought of her as a role model. There were so many intersting comments about Bristol Palin stating her desire to practice abstinence and some readers questioned whether their could be such a thing as "secondary virginity" or abstaining after having sex.....well what about Lady GaGa... is this a farce or is it possible that she has been to the other side and now is saying not to have sex.

HT: Jill Stanek
Few people who have seen her gyrate, thrust, or sing about life’s carnal pleasures will have seen this one coming. Lady Gaga is telling her fans to stay celibate, just like her. "I can't believe I'm saying this—don't have sex,” the 24-year-old said. “I'm single right now and I've chosen to be single because I don't have the time to get to know anybody. So it's OK not to have sex, it's OK to get to know people. I'm celibate, celibacy's fine." Speaking to raise awareness of the rising rate of HIV among women, Gaga reminded her following that having sex is not a must and that there is nothing wrong with being patient. “I remember the cool girls when I was growing up,” she said. “Everyone started to have sex. But it's not really cool anymore to have sex all the time. It's cooler to be strong and independent."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note taht Lady Gaga isn't saying that she is waiting until she gets married. Nor is she saying that sex outside of marriage is wrong.

Followers