by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs Susie@jillstanek.com.
- ProWomanProLife remarks on this week’s World Contraception Day, pointing out that despite the avalanche of government-funded comprehensive sex ed instruction, distribution of condoms, and dispensation of birth control pills, “unsafe sex” has increased: Young people across the globe are having more unprotected sex and know less about effective contraception options, a multinational survey revealed on Monday. [The study] reports that the number of young people having unsafe sex with a new partner increased by 111 percent in France, 39% in the USA and 19% in Britain in the last 3 years.
- Wesley J. Smith discusses another unintentional consequence of IVF – in this case, a divorced Argentinian mother is having her frozen embryos implanted against her ex-husband’s wishes. The ex argues he is being “forced into fatherhood” – but the fact remains that since the embryos currently exist, he is already a father.
- Reflections of a Paralytic reports some good news as 40 Days for Life begins – the loss of an abortion provider in Columbia, Missouri: This is not the first time they have been without an abortion provider. The PP in Columbia has gone through six different abortionists during the past two and a half years, including times during 40 Days for Life campaigns, and this facility has gone months at a time with absolutely no abortions.
- Right to Life of Michigan posts the welcoming news that puts another dagger in the heart of the abortion industry advising for abortion for the health of the mother.
"A study which was recently presented at the European Multidisciplinary Cancer Congress found children whose mothers were treated with chemotherapy during pregnancy were not affected by the chemotherapy. This led researchers to conclude pregnant cancer patients don't need to have abortions or delay chemotherapy beyond the first trimester."
- Doctors are advised to avoid induced labor early if at all possible as that presents a greater risk to baby.
- Real Choice asks who the pro-choicers will blame for the 1989 death of a 35-year-old who died from septic shock after her abortion. If this had occurred pre-Roe v Wade, the abortion industry would have blamed her death on pro-lifers. Who takes the blame now?
- Star Studded Super Step discusses the Face the Truth Tour coming to Dallas on October 1st, sponsored by Pro-Life Texas: