Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Friday, May 6, 2011

Update: Dems for Life/FL absent....Democrat speaks in favor of pro life bill and is harassed by own party

Update: 4:09 PM CDT
I received a call from Dems for Life FL chapter while in the dentist's office. She said that they planned to release a statement and would do a fund raiser for Campbell "when this was all over." I asked her  to email me the press release which has not yet been received. She mentioned it would be posted on their Facebook page....I looked and it was not there. But what was posted  was a link to an article about it that was not too favorable to say the least to pro life Campbell. First thing I noticed was the unflattering pix of Campbell  and the article was stating that she was exaggerating this and the Dems had a video to prove it. But how about this line...

"With a booming voice and a strong Haitian accent, Campbell called Randolph's actions -- and Saunders refusal to publicly apologize and admonish Randolph -- sexist and bullying." Haitian accent????
Gosh I hope that was not their press release  of a fellow laborer for life!
The Tampa Bay online paper has a more balanced report. They reported that fellow Democrats called  Campbell, a pro life nurse   a "traitor" and reported that several used the "F " word against her. One fellow Democrat hissed at her when she spoke from the floor on a different subject and taunted her with questions referring to deaths that occurred at group homes she ran years ago for disabled children. She was not found to be guilty of any wrongdoing in those instances. 

ONCE AGAIN, DEMS FOR LIFE....WHERE ARE YOU???



Life News  reports that Rep. Daphne Campbell (D) committed the unforgivable sin.  A woman of color who ran on the Democratic ticket spoke in favor of a pro life bill. Hey where is Kristen Day, Democrats for Life on this one? I contacted  Democrats for Life Chapter in FL and received no comment.


The lead harasser, Scott Randolph (D) representing Orlando made sure that the paper in Orlando had a weak write up of the incident. They declined to state that Campbell spoke in favor of a bill that allowed women to see their ultra sounds before abortion. That is what caused  the dust up originally.  But  the Orlando Sentinel characterized it as Campbell "voting in favor of several measures that restrict a woman’s ability to get an abortion."


"Freshman State House of Representatives member, Daphne Campbell from Miami was in her first legislative session last week when her own party viciously turned on her after she debated for and voted in favor of the pro-life bill allowing ultrasounds before abortions.  Campbell is a wife and mother of five children who works as a nurse. "
"I was the victim of an altercation by my fellow state representative, Scott Randolph.  Several items were thrown in my face, foul language was used against me, and I was insulted and ridiculed in front of all my colleagues. I was called a ‘traitor’ and was told that I was going to be kicked out of office next year.”

No comments:

Followers