As always, we welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Secular Pro-Life reveals the CDC lists the Roanoke Planned Parenthood in VA as an HIV testing site. The problem? This is the same PP that advised a patient to donate at a blood bank in order to be tested for HIV.
- MN Citizens Concerned for Life is proud to call Dave Hrbacek of The Catholic Spirit one of their own. Hrbacek was recently awarded National Right to Life’s 14th Annual Excellence in Journalism Award.
- Lisa Graas notes the number of Republican candidates’ children and the liberal reaction to those who are blessed with large families.
- Big Blue Wave points to the reigning Miss Florida as evidence that not everyone with spina bifida is condemned to a life of suffering. A large number of children diagnosed with spina bifida are aborted.
- Real Choice compares public reaction to 2 deaths at the same FL abortion clinic – one, a young woman who died from a horribly botched abortion, and the other, one of the clinic’s abortionists who was shot to death one month later.
- Pro-Life Action League reports many of the posts on PostSecrets.com, a community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard, deal with abortion (as shown in the postcard pictured right). Perhaps confession truly can be good for the soul, even when it is anonymous.
- Reasoned Audacity reprints Florida Family Policy Council president John Stemberger’s article on 10 recent signs of hope that pro-lifers are winning the battle.
- ProWomanProLife links to an article on the hotly debated Woman’s Right to Know Act in Canada. Opponents of the Act claim the law would interfere with the doctor/patient relationship, but the article notes:
I was curious about how much doctor interaction was available to patients seeking an abortion so I called a Woman’s Choice
center to schedule the procedure. They informed me that I could come
that same day and wouldn’t have to talk to anyone before my appointment;
I could be “in and out.”
Regardless of your stance on abortion, this is not right. No woman or young girl should be able to have an abortion without a doctor consult. This is a decision and medical procedure that she will live with for the rest of her life; meanwhile abortion clinics treat patients as if they were customers at a drive-thru fast food restaurant.