Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fluke: Her rt to free contraception trumps rt to conscience???

I am getting real annoyed by the name calling  on both sides and deflection of attention from the real issue in this Sandra Fluke deal. 

The issue is that Ms. Fluke choose a Catholic school because in her own words she wanted a quality education. She knew what the Catholic doctrine is on birth control, sterilization and abortion. Yet she demands that her right to have free contraception should trump their right to run their school according to their doctrine. That is the issue.


I disagree. The right of a faith institution to not violate their own conscience should be upheld. Imagine if I choose to go to a Seventh Day Adventist school because I wanted a quality education. They do not believe in eating pork. But I like bacon for breakfast. Can I demand they not only serve me bacon in violation of their beliefs and to top it off they not charge me for it??? What's the difference??  Bacon is not essential to my health...well may I say that contraception is not either. Contraception is to prevent pregnancy, it is not essential to your health. If I choose to practice contraception that is my own business and I have many sources for receiving it and you can go to any health clinic and receive it either free or on a sliding scale.


I should not make a religious institution provide for me free what violates their doctrine. How outrageous is that.

2 comments:

rahul said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you



Sexual Health Clinic Glasgow

Susie Allen said...

thank you for your comment and reading of my blog. Best wishes

Followers