Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Monday, June 22, 2009

Abortion and the brazen careerist.


This is a sad but interesting blog about a "brazen careerist" as she calls herself...tells about two abortions with two different boyfriends and her thoughts and feelings along the way. Why I found this interesting is that she does not even consider that she is not killing a baby. She does not go down the road of clump of cells or potential life...She knows she is but applies her own logic as one would sit down and logic out whether or not this was the right time to buy a new car.
I think this shows that we have become a nation with no right and wrong and no sanctity with human life. I can do it because I am bigger and stronger and I am woman etc...... I want what I want when I want it. How did we go this far?


People think abortion is such an easy choice–they say, “Don’t use abortion as birth control.” Any woman who has had one will tell you how that is such crazy talk. Because an abortion is terrible. You never stop thinking about the baby you killed. You never stop thinking about the guy you were with when you killed the baby you made with him. You never stop wondering.


So the second time I got pregnant, I thought of killing myself. My career was soaring. I was 30 and I felt like I had everything going for me – great job, great boyfriend, and finally, for the first time ever, I had enough money to support myself. I hated that I put myself in the position of either losing all that or killing a baby.


But also, here I am with two kids. So I know a bit about having kids and a career. And I want to tell you something: You don’t need to get an abortion to have a big career. Women who want big careers want them because something deep inside you drives you to change the world, lead a revolution, break new barriers.
It doesn’t matter whether you have kids now or later, because they will always make your career more difficult. There is no time in your life when you are so stable in your work that kids won’t create an earthquake underneath that confidence.


Read the full article here

No comments:

Followers