from Jill Stanek.com
by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Down on the Pharm reviews the latest statistics from the Centers for Disease Control,
which seem to support something pro-lifers have been saying for a long
time – that minorites are targeted by the abortion industry:
… 63 percent of the abortions in the U.S. end the lives of Black or Hispanic babies. This wildly outpaces the proportions of these minorities in the general population, and it directly relates to the locations of the abortion clinics.
- Clinic Quotes
discusses a stunningly dishonest statement made by an abortionist on
the issue of multiple abortions. Most people are repulsed by the idea of
using abortion as birth control – but this man even suggests that
abortion enhances a woman’s fertility:
Abortionist Dr. Lawrence Scott encourages women to get pregnant and have abortions:
Getting pregnant now can be good family planning for the future even if you have a termination. I am convinced of that…. Contrary to how much people think, an aborted pregnancy can help preserve fertility and perhaps keep you from developing certain physical problems later in life.This, of course, flies in the face of studies and statistics that show women who have abortions are more likely to miscarry and give birth prematurely.
- Priests for Life’s Fr. Frank Pavone and other pro-life leaders were locked out of the Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s office for attempting to deliver an official letter asking that the remains of the children killed by abortionist Kermit Gosnell be released for burial:
About 50 pro-life activists participated in a prayer vigil outside the Medical Examiner’s Office on Friday morning. Afterwards, five of them attempted to hand-deliver the letter…. [T]he decision to lock the door took them by surprise, since previously staff had given the go-ahead for them to deliver the letter. The Medical Examiner also called the police, who asked to meet with the pro-life group’s attorney…. [Bryan Kemper stated,] “The attorney tried to go in, but they told her flat-out no, they will not talk to us, they already have a plan in place….The medical examiner’s office says that anyone can claim those bodies for a funeral…. We have papers, we had the legal paper we issued. And they are refusing to even talk to us.”
- At National Review, Michael J. New is encouraged by the honesty displayed in a recent New York Times analysis of public opinion on abortion.
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition links to a must-read article by Daily Mail columnist Melanie Phillips,
describing how centralized medicine leads to cost-over-care protocols
and death by dehydration when the bureaucracy determines that quality of
life no longer exists. EPC writes:
The problems with the Liverpool Pathway are the same problems that are occurring across the “western-world.”In Canada we are experiencing a crisis of care within our medical system as we continue to build a more centralized, controlled, bureaucratic, financially bankrupt, morally negative system. We have stopped caring about individuals and we have turned “best practices” into a one-size fits all system.
Every nation needs adopt systems of patient centred care.
- At the Abolitionist Society of OK, Don Simmons shares five reasons why he believes Christians should support their Church Repent project, in which graphic images are used to picket outside churches.
- Culture Campaign posts a video of OB/GYN Dr. Freda McKissic Bush, who describes 24-year-old Tonya Reaves’ autopsy report. Reaves died after receiving a second trimester abortion at a Chicago Planned Parenthood.