Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Friday, April 30, 2010

Grandmother and Grandson Having Baby Together



When I first read this I thought that the grandson might have had a sex change operation or something..... who knows these days.....but this is too much. I guess anything goes...listen to their reasoning....I just reread  the story and it is unclear...at least to me...how this pregnancy via the surrogate is going to happen. Clearly at 72, the eggs of the grandmother are past their prime. Perhaps the grandson is going to inseminate the surrogate...anyway I think this is a sick story of two people who are very toubled and if they want to have a sexual relationship, I wish they would not bring a child into the world. What are they trying to prove?
Susie

 

From Dakotavoice.com
British newspaper  The Sun reports on a couple from Indiana, 72 year old Pearl Carter and 26 year old Phil Bailey, are having a sexual relationship and plan to have a child together through a surrogate mother.
No, we haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of how bizarre and ill-advised this relationship is.
Carter and Baily are grandmother and grandson, respectively.
The Sun explains how this whole thing came together:
Phil is the son of Pearl’s daughter Lynette Bailey — who the pensioner put up for adoption when she was just 18.
When Lynette died, Phil tracked down his long lost gran — 46 years his senior — and they started their strange relationship.
Pearl added: “From the first moment that I saw him, I knew we would never have a grandmother-grandson relationship. For the first time in years I felt sexually alive.”
The pair spent their first week together shopping, bowling and eating out. During the second week, giggly on wine after a night out, Pearl decided she wasn’t going to deny her feelings anymore.
Pearl said: “I called Phil into my bedroom, sat him on the bed, and then I leant over and kissed him.
“I expected rejection but instead he kissed me back.”
Phil said he had the same feelings towards Pearl.
He revealed: “I wanted to kiss her there and then. My feelings were overwhelming.
“I love Pearl with all my heart. I’ve always been attracted to older women and I think Pearl is gorgeous. Now I’m going to be a dad and I can’t wait.
“Yes, we get laughed at and bullied when we go out and kiss in public but we don’t care. You can’t help who you fall for.”
So you think it is wrong for a grandmother and her grandson to have a sexual relationship? What kind of prude are you?  Why are you being so judgmental?  Who gave you the right to judge them?  They are slaves to their emotions and impulses.  They can’t help who they have affection for!  They are in love!  That is all that matters.  They were probably born this way (albeit 46 years apart)!
In fact, Pearl has clinical authority which confirms to her that it isn’t wrong!
Pearl says the relationship is not wrong after a friend told her about Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) syndrome, which occurs when close relatives meet as adults and find they are attracted to each other.
She said: “I could now understand my feelings and realize they weren’t wrong.”
So you see, Pearl and Phil now have clinical sanction for their unusual union.  Who are we to judge this odd relationship?  After all, someone with a degree has pronounced it “Okay.”

I think most of you regular readers of Dakota Voice realize that for the past several sentences of commentary, I’ve been playing Devil’s Advocate, repeating many of the same excuses we’ve all heard to attempt to legitimize other immoral, improper and irresponsible sexual relationships.

If it’s okay for men to have sex with men and women to have sex with women, if it’s okay for two men to call their sexual relationship “marriage,” then how can we possibly judge this relationship as wrong?
The simple truth is: we can’t.  If we are going to throw out everything that morality tells us, everything that science, biology and health data tell us is wrong–all to excuse and legitimize whatever whim, lust or desire crosses the heart of the homosexual, then if we are to be logically consistent we must embrace and celebrate pretty much every desire or whim that crosses anyone’s heart regarding anything.

While I’ve been around the block enough times to realize that there are some morally bankrupt degenerates out there who are so willing to embrace anarchy that they actually are ready to celebrate anything, I think it’s safe to say that the vast majority of people are not that adrift.  Many have been led astray by repeated feel-good emotional appeals to excuse homosexuals,  but their frog hasn’t been warmed in the pot long enough to embrace this kind of insanity. Yet if they want to be logically consistent (and every person should), then they must celebrate this sexual union between grandmother and grandson also.
So are you really ready for this new morally relativistic world?   Now may be a great time to stop and give this some serious thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If it’s okay for men to have sex with men and women to have sex with women, if it’s okay for two men to call their sexual relationship “marriage,” then how can we possibly judge this relationship as wrong? The simple truth is: we can’t. If we are going to throw out everything that morality tells us, everything that science, biology and health data tell us is wrong–all to excuse and legitimize whatever whim, lust or desire crosses the heart of the homosexual, then if we are to be logically consistent we must embrace and celebrate pretty much every desire or whim that crosses anyone’s heart regarding anything."

Science, health data and biology do not tell us that homosexuality is wrong. They do, however, tell us that direct relatives procreating is.

Followers