from Jill Stanek.com
by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- American Life League’s Judie Brown says the silence of the Catholic Church on social issues, especially abortion, has led to a worldly state of mind among those who consider themselves Catholic:
… [T]he results of a recent Quinnipiac poll… show[ed] that 54 percent of Catholics believe that abortion should be legal in all or at least most cases, while 59 percent of born-again Christians oppose at least some abortion.As Catholics have gone the way of contraception, so too have they followed the status quo on abortion. This might be shocking to some, but when we realize how little has been said about contraception and abortion from the pulpit in the past 50 years, we come to understand why Catholics are no different in their views on sexual morality than the average population of this nation.
- Live Action joins Georgia Right to Life in praising Gov. Nathan Deal for working with the Department of Community Health to exempt abortion coverage from state employees’ healthcare packages, relieving taxpayers from subsidizing abortions. GA RTL encourages legislators to continue to work to pass this legislatively so future administrations cannot undo this. Live Action urges readers to “check with your state legislators to find out if your state is using your taxpayer funds to pay for other people’s abortions.”
- Americans United for Life’s Charmaine Yoest asks “When will abortion come with a warning label?”:
Numerous, well-documented studies in peer-reviewed medical journals demonstrate that abortion poses significant medical risks for women. At every turn, the abortion industry fights to remain unregulated, unmonitored and secretive, lobbying to keep women ignorant about what will happen to their own bodies and to keep responsible adults away from vulnerable girls being pressured to buy an abortion.
- A Culture of Life shares the testimony of Christina Martin, originally posted at Live Action. Christina’s mother decided not to abort her, and later, her story was used to save the life of another child.
- Expose Abortion shares jarring testimony from an abortion witness:
I was helping the doctor hold the baby [to keep it in the birth canal]. The other nurse got the instrument [a large syringe with a large needle], handed it to the doctor, and he inserted it into the base of the skull. Then he pulled the baby out. Its little hands were grasping. When the baby quit grasping, then he delivered it. He used the syringe to suction out the brains.
- Culture Campaign reports that Orlando, Florida abortionist James Scott Pendergraft,
who has lost his license five times and says he “loves what he does and
is proficient at it,” has reopened a clinic with borrowed equipment
after a $36M malpractice lawsuit over a botched abortion. The clinic
performs “fast” abortions 24/7 — no waiting,” and even coupons for
those willing to come on Sunday.
Local station Eyewitness News 9 spotlights this well: