Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Monday, May 5, 2014

High School Oratory Contest showcases the pro life generation

One of my favorite events is the Right to Life Oratory Contest. Students in grades 9-12 write, research and deliver a 5-7 minute speech on one of the life issues. I chaired the one in Robertson County and each year I say they can't get any better than this, but each year they do.

Seventeen contestants competed in my contest and the winner was 10th grade homeschooled Olivia Malham of Cross Plains, TN. She went on to compete at the state contest in Nashville and won second place.


Susan Allen (L) presents Olivia Malham with award for first place in Robertson County

Samantha Seger (L)  from Putnam County won state..pictured with Frances Arthur state coordinator.

No comments:

Followers