Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Death-trap of Euthanasia.....an amazing story

 As I read this article I am astonished and it brings tears to my eyes. The first question I thought 
was , how did they maintain his nourishment?? Was he on feeding tubes? I researched further and found that he was spoon fed by his devoted wife and moved frequently to prevent bed sores. Amazing....but the part that was so personal to me is that while in a coma for 19 years he could hear everything going on around him including the doctors saying he would not survive.....this is personal to me. 

Ten years ago my husband was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Long story short is that he was put into an induced coma while they tried to fight pneumonia etc....but the point is that while in the coma on the last day of his life, the doctor stood over his bed and gave me a very bad report of his status. When I realized what he was saying I asked if we should not step outside to continue the conversation......but he nodded toward my comatose husband and said he can't hear us . I asked him to give me one positive piece of information to hang on to and he looked at the machines plugged into my husband and said well for now he is still alive...my husband died at 7 that evening. No one pulled any plugs and discontinued anything, he just slipped quietly away.....but as I feel strongly and experts since then have confirmed that hearing is the last to go. I believe my husband heard the bad report and lost his fighting spirit and let go.  
Susie


From:
speroforum.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2010
By Clemente Ferrer

Nineteen years in a coma,  the case of Jan Grzebski, a 65 year-old Polish man, was reported by various media around the world. He became known for the extraordinary fact that he woke up from a long physical absence, rather than a spiritual one.
A rail worker, in 1988 he suffered a serious labor related accident and fell into a deep coma. However, he regained his consciousness back completely in 2007. He affirms that, during those years of apparent unconsciousness, he was aware of all that was happening around him, even though he couldn’t move nor speak.
His wife Gertruda never abandoned him. Her profound faith in God made her hope for a miracle: that her husband, and father of her children, would come back to life. She never lost hope in God. She strongly opposed the euthanasia that was suggested so that Jan would not to suffer. She didn’t accept it because she had faith and believed that her husband would recover.

What great confusion for those scholars blinded by their arrogance, who believe themselves to be in possession of the truth about good and evil and the destinies of human beings. Jan affirmed that he owes his life to his wife, for whom he professed a profound gratitude for the rest of his life. 

While apparently unconscious, Jan could hear his doctors’ conversations and their arrogant predictions that he would not survive. The only thing he wanted to do was live. He ardently wished to simply exist while his doctors planned for his elimination. He heard everything the doctors said: Jan was alive and conscious of all that was happening around him.

It is not licit to kill a human being just for the sake of preventing suffering, nor to avoid seeing suffering. No one can authorize the death of a transcendental being, even an incurable and agonizingly ill person, or on in a deep state of coma. Medical experts can remedy these hurtful situations.

The incitement to euthanasia – a trap leading to death – putting an end to one’s own existence is truly perverse. We are on a collision course towards the culture of death so prevalent in opulent societies.
The wise words of Pope John Paul II come to mind: “I confirm that euthanasia is a grave violation of God’s Law, for it is the deliberate and morally unacceptable elimination of a human being.”
Clemente Ferrer is a media consultant in Spain. See his website here.

No comments:

Followers