Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

FLOTUS: my body, my choice....with abortion but not food !!

Michelle Obama like every first lady before her,  has a platform. Hers is to fight childhood obesity. 
No one would argue that we have an obesity problem in this country and it does sometimes start in childhood. Most people applaud her  program when it includes leading by example, raising awareness and education. But some thought she had taken it too far with with advancing  regulations to food manufacturers, restaurant menus and taxing high calorie products.

So I  as I was hearing the libertarian style rants of don't tell me what to do with my body and it  reminded me of Michelle's strong pro abortion stance. One writer took her on with his I am pro choice obesity article.

I believe he is on to something here. FLOTUS is right in there with the "my body, my choice"  crowd and spouts that "govt. does not have the right to tell me what I can  or cannot do with my body"....two of the favorite shrieks of her "pro choice" cronies.She has even been called radical in the abortion support in  that she has called partial birth abortion a legitimate medical procedure

So can the govt. intervene when it is in your best interests.? If so why can't the govt. intervene to save a life?  Is Michelle being hypocritical or is she compartmentalizing or has she just not thought about it?  What do you think?














No comments:

Followers