Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Friday, March 18, 2011

How much are we willing to personally sacrifice to end abortion??


Father Pavone wrote an inspiring editorial challenging us that we have to be willing to suffer the consequences of being pro life. On a lighter side there is a web site for people to tell what they are willing to give up until abortion ends. 

But Catholic Vote tells the story of two men who turned down jobs  working on the construction of a PP building. One was unemployed (pictured left with family ) and the other a union member  who may get fired for refusing to work on this job. At this  time he is being given a week off without pay. 

I once heard a sermon by Fr. Pavone who stated that if everyone just refused to cooperate with abortion, such as these men, we would not have to worry about passing laws. That really stuck with me. I do not patronize places that support Planned Parenthood, including churches  and asked my adviser to see that none  of my investments do as well. But I am sure there is more all of us could do. This stories may inspire you to do more.

 





No comments:

Followers