We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- A must-read: Susan Tyrrell at Moral Outcry continues to outline cases of Planned Parenthood’s woeful lack of assistance to pregnant women who do not choose abortion.
- Stand for Life continues to report on the channeling of taxpayer funds from the University of New Mexico to the UNM Center for Reproductive Health abortion clinic in Albuquerque.
- Wesley J. Smith reports on the resignation of Donald Berwick as the head of Medicare. Appointed during a recess by Obama, Berwick never even had confirmation hearings by Democrats because, as Smith notes:
Obama and the Democrats didn’t want Berwick answering questions
at a Senate confirmation hearing because he has supported health care
rationing in general, and NICE and the NHS’s rationing system in specific.
That would have proved very embarrassing at a time when the the country was opposed to the then newly passed Obamacare, the 2010 elections were approaching, and some voters worried that the law could lead to “death panels.” So, rather than permit democratic processes to play out, the president acted cynically to avoid transparency.
- Timmerie’s Blog showcases a speech given during the International ProLife Youth Conference by Timothy Herrmann of C-FAM, on being a voice for life in the global community.
- ProWomanProLife has the story of a Melbourne couple who decided to abort a twin with a serious heart condition, only to find that doctors killed the wrong baby. The unhealthy twin was later delivered by emergency C-section and did not survive. It is possible that there is more to this story, as the details of the C-section resemble those of a live birth abortion. The couple is considering legal action.
- Pro-Life Wisconsin discusses WI’s newly introduced personhood bill:
Assembly Joint Resolution 77, introduced on
Thursday, amends the state constitution to strike the word “born” from
the line of the constitution declaring that “All people are born equally
free and independent, and have certain inherent rights; among these are
life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” The measure also adds the
line, “As applied to the right to life, the terms ‘people’ and ‘person’
shall apply to every human being at any stage of development.”
- Pro-Life NZ details a victory for conscientious objectors in New Zealand regarding physician referrals.
- Pro-Life Action League gets media coverage of their protest of Catholic abortion proponent, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn, who recently presented a “Pro-Choice Leadership Award” to a rape victim. Catholic bishops will meet with Quinn to discuss “abortion and… Quinn’s signing of a law barring discrimination against gay couples who want to adopt,” which affects Catholic Charities’ adoption program.
- Secular ProLife highlights two videos of interest:
1) Operation Rescue’s coverage of the Kansas Shreddergate scandal:
- 2) The trailer for the upcoming movie on changes of heart, The Gift of Life: