Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Monday, February 6, 2012

Did Obama inadvertently let the lion out...


Update: My list of bishops who have spoken out against the Obama/HHS mandate is currently at 166,representing over 90% of U.S. Catholic dioceses. 


"Charles Spurgeon was once asked why he didn’t defend the bible against its naysayers, critics, and skeptics.  He supposedly responded, “I don’t defend a lion. I just let him out of the cage.”

I first heard this comment from a Catholic deacon pertaining to the Catholic Church in particular. I thought of that when Obama ignited a firestorm causing over 80% of the US  Catholic dioceses , 156+ Bishops to publicly  speak out against the HHS mandate.  See the list here. Of course we know that chaplains serving in the military were barred from this because it would be negative toward CIC (Commander in Chief).

This post is all over Facebook with many of other faiths taking a stand. Charles Colson sums it up in his posts...

"As I’ve been saying on BreakPoint for the last three or four months, we must break the spiral of silence."
Has Obama inadvertently opened the cage ?? It is likely he  never heard the Spurgeon comment or feels like he  stronger than  the lion or maybe is so embedded into the culture of death that he fears them   more than the lion.

  For I will be like a lion to Ephraim
             And like a young lion to the house of Judah
             I, even I, will tear to pieces and go away,
             I will carry away, and there will be none to deliver.
                                                    ~Hosea 5:14

No comments:

Followers