- Priests for Life's Janet Morana's blog tells us there is a petition making the rounds on Twitter under the hash tag of no kill. Attached is a petition to sign. The gist is that 4 MM homeless pets are killed in shelters each year. Janet asks us to consider the same for the 1.2MM unborn children that are killed in the womb each year and truly make this a no kill nation.
- Pro Life Action League encourages us to call the media into account when they try to downplay the second rally for religious freedom correcting their errors.
These are the most common ones used to mute the effects of the rallies."We’ve even created a document called HHS Mandate Q and A [PDF] to help make it easier to discuss the Mandate—especially slippery issues like President Obama’s “accommodation”. Use the information in the Q and A or link directly to it in your comments. The media doesn’t have to get the last word."
- Calling the effort an “anti-contraception” rally
- Stating that President Obama’s “accommodation” did away with the problem
- Underestimating Rally attendance
- Characterizing the event as a “religious rally”
- Pro Life Blogs picks up on a radio panel discussion discussing an issue in New Zealand about an whether "Auckland University Students Association should be contemplating banning a pro-life student club from formally existing on campus because the pamphlets they handed out on abortion risks were deemed by a student who complained to be harassment."
- Bound for Life acknowledges the power of prayer and fervent intercession. They recount the establishment of chapters dedicated to praying at state supreme courts and the 2008 Mercy Seat prayer vigil where 6200 gathered to pray at every state Supreme Court in the nation simultaneously. In FL, 600 residents gathered during the 7 hour assembly praying in front of their supreme court.
"We often don’t understand that the timeline of intercession is commonly answered in years. At the end of 2009, Gallup Poll released this shocking data: a majority of Americans identified themselves as pro-life for the first time in over a decade. This unprecedented shift in opinion began sometime after (or during) The Mercy Seat."
"A little over a week ago, Sunshine State News reported that the abortion rate in Florida has dropped a staggering 19% from 2008 to 19% from 2008 to 2011"
- On June 26th and 27th, Father
Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests
for Life; Father Denis Wilde, OSA, associate director of Priests for Life;
Father Victor Salomon, director of Hispanic Outreach, and Dr. Alveda King,
director of African-American Outreach, will visit key members of Congress to
discuss and encourage action on three bills.
The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (HR 3803) would forbid abortions past 20 weeks in the District of Columbia, except to save the life of the mother. The Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act (HR 2299) would allow for prosecution of those who help an underage girl who resides in a state with parental notification or consent laws to cross state lines or national borders to obtain an abortion. The Telemedicine Safety Act (HR 5731) seeks to protect taxpayers from subsidizing so-called telemed or webcam abortions and outlaw such procedures when performed on an interstate basis. All three bills await further action in the House of Representatives."