from Jill Stanek.comby Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Judie Brown of American Life League calls out Cardinal Dolan’s hypocrisy in inviting President Obama to the Al Smith Dinner.
While Dolan claimed on his own blog that dining with sinners is
Christlike and that to disinvite opponents would leave him dining alone,
Dolan declined an invitation to offer the opening prayer at a 2009 Pro-Life Wisconsin banquet because Brown (who has publicly castigated bishops) was going to be the keynote speaker:
On the one hand, he found it problematic that I led and continue to lead a campaign to beseech Catholic bishops to obey canon 915 and deny Holy Communion to pro-abortion politicians. On the other hand, he finds it Christlike to dine with the most pro-abortion president in the history of this nation.
- Albert Mohler pans a New Yorker piece which called GOP VP candidate Paul Ryan’s statements on abortion and faith “geniunely disturbing and scary” and similar to that of a “mullah.” Mohler writes:
Ryan stated the obvious — “Our faith informs us in everything we do.” Any faith of substance will inform every dimension of our lives. It is hard to imagine that Adam Gopnik would have complained or even taken offense if a similar statement had been made, for example, by the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., concerning his advocacy for civil rights….
- Pro-Life Action League president Eric Scheidler has an op-ed in the Washington Times explaining why liberals and moderates should be concerned about the Obama administration’s egregious attack on religious freedom.
- Abortion State captures the real war on women: another woman injured at a Planned Parenthood clinic – this time in Everett, WA. Women should be truly offended by the way Obama ignores women who have been injured and even killed at the PP clinics he so unabashedly supports.
- Ethika Politika discusses a 1947 admonition from Pope Pius XXII stating that abstaining from voting when the interests of the Church are at stake is a “grave and fatal sin.” We must not be silent in the face of evil.
- Live Action responds in two parts to Jezebel’s assertion (content warning: profanity) that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is wrong for strictly interpreting the Constitution on abortion and other social issues.
- Charmaine Yoest of Americans United for Life wishes she had just one question for the President at a debate:
Mr. President, is there not a single limit on abortion that you would support? Not even one?
- At The Leading Edge, Brendan Malone notes a recent TV panel discussion in which ethicists claimed parents have a “moral obligation” to use abortion to weed out imperfect children. Designer babies? Yes. Sex selection abortion? Yes. Unfortunately the audience tended to agree with the panel. Find podcasts from Malone’s “Edge of Reason” here.