by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and KelliWe welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Abstinence Clearinghouse links to a Centers for Disease Control article that shows 20% of teenage girls binge drink (4+ drinks, at least 3 times weekly), which “can lead to serious health risks including… sexually transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancy.”
- At Ethika Politika, Dr. Jacqueline Harvey wonders whether pro-choice opposition to accurate abortion data is indicative of “arrogance, apathy, or fear.” She notes the need for published abortion statistics to be accurate in order to form evidence-based conclusions (as opposed to agenda-driven ones) about the effectiveness of contraception and sex education.
- Americans United for Life posts a chart (pictured left; click to enlarge) showing the death rate of women undergoing late-term abortions and the need for new legal protection.
- Kansans for Life
points out that when it comes to banning sex-selective abortion,
pro-choice feminist organizations seem to be stuck between a rock and a
Abortion labeled as gender discrimination undermines their argument that the so-called “reproductive rights” movement exists to prevent discrimination against women.
- Bound4Life observes Black History Month by featuring a guest post from pro-life African-American speaker and writer LaSondra Spears:
We live in a time where more African American men are in prison than were slaves in 1850. For the male children who do survive abortion, who’s teaching them to be men so the cycle of abortion doesn’t continue? Who’s telling us this history?
- Clinic Quotes talks about abortion proponents’ use of euphemism to mask the true nature of abortion.
- American Life League’s Judie Brown believes Catholic leadership needs to rebuke politicians who claim to be Catholic yet defy Church teachings.
- Accepting Abundance shares a controversial video linking contraception to other societal issues: