from Jill Stanek.com
by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- ProWomanProLife posts results of a recent Canadian survey on sex-selective abortion in which 95% of Canadians did not support it. A companion post illustrates the disconnect pro-choicers seem to have on this issue.
- Women’s Rights without Frontiers reveals another death at the hands of China’s forced sterilization policy. Shen Hongxia, a wife and mother of two, was subject to sterilization despite the fact that “[her] doctor had clearly warned that sterilizing her could kill her [which] makes her death the responsibility of the Family Planning Officers who forced this violent surgery upon her…. Those responsible for her death should face serious criminal charges.” Reggie Littlejohn says “The Family Planning Bureau and the Village Committee attempted to cover up their criminal responsibility by making an agreement to compensate the family by installments, and to build them a house. Family members felt forced to sign the agreement, as they saw no other way to seek relief.”
- Fr. Frank Pavone discusses why pro-lifers conduct funerals for aborted children:
[T]he People of Life… are not ashamed or afraid to honor in public those who are dishonored in secret by the hidden violence of abortion. By gathering in large numbers to bury aborted children, and by letting as many people as possible know about it, they make up in some small way for the callous disregard in which these children are held by many in our society.
- Wesley J. Smith lauds the courage of pro-life students on today’s campuses, who face “disdain, even open scorn, from peers, repeated put downs by professors, occasional threats of violence, and sometimes, an uncooperative attitude from the administration.”
- Sometimes a picture – like this one, right, posted by Pro-Life Wisconsin – says it all (click to enlarge).
- Pro-Life Action League shares photos sent in by locations around the country that participated in the Good Friday Way of the Cross, an “ecumenical… gather[ing] at… local abortion facilities to… offer prayers for children in the womb, mothers, fathers, abortion workers and our whole nation in union with the suffering of Christ in His Passion.”
- Secular Pro-Life posts videos of their presentations at various universities, including Columbia University, their very first visit to an Ivy League school. Since the majority of these students expect the opposition to abortion to come from faith-based groups, their reactions to secular arguments should be interesting.
- Pro-Life in TN spots a post by Creative Minority Report with an interesting find: the Florida Planned Parenthood lobbyist who infamously advocated for allowing infanticide has a professional bio touting her service on the board of Catholic Charities. CMR confirmed that Alisa LaPolt Snow departed that position in January, but she still lists it – along with other clients she serves which have an interest in providing pediatric care. On this point, the Washington Examiner scrutinizes the alliance of Catholic Charities with the Obama Administration on the HHS contraceptive mandate, in opposition to Church teaching.