from Jill Stanek.comby Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Wesley J. Smith warns that the U.S. can expect to see in ten years under Obamacare what we currently see under the National Health Service in the UK. Quality of life medical decisions could mean more than just discrimination for the disabled.
- Reggie Littlejohn of Women’s Rights without Frontiers shows that violence in China isn’t limited to the preborn. It extends to men whose “crime” is fathering more than the allowable number of children.
- Bryan Kemper of Stand True reintroduces a t-shirt design that was very popular in the 1990′s but began to lose favor as pro-lifers became concerned about offending others. Kemper says we should “be offended that this act of homicide exists as a legally protected right in the first place.”
- ProWomanProLife focuses on the beauty of adoption over the tragedy of abortion with the story of Ryan Bomberger, who was adopted after being conceived in rape. In defending abortion, the industry points to conception during rape as the ultimate tragedy justifying the need for abortion. Bomberger puts a human face on this issue.
- Pro-Life Action League recently assisted pro-life citizens of Fairfax, Virginia, in battling an abortionist’s request to open a “mega mill” abortion facility. The swift action and pressure from the pro-life community caused the abortionist to withdraw his application the day before the city council meeting (which was nearly filled to capacity with citizens ready to voice their opposition). PLAL offers their expertise and assistance to all pro-lifers who are fighting to keep abortion clinics out of their communities.
- Secular Pro-Life says “facts are not gaffes” when it comes to the recent comments of E. W. Jackson (pictured right), candidate for Lt. Governor in Virginia. Jackson dared to state the fact that “Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was”:
In 2011, the last year for which figures are available, Planned Parenthood performed 333,964 abortions in the United States. Nationally, 37% of abortions are performed on black women, according to the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute. We can therefore surmise that in one year alone, Planned Parenthood killed approximately 123,567 unborn African-American children….[T]he number of blacks killed by the KKK, in its entire history, does not approach 123,567.
- Bud Shaver of Stand for Life
wonders if the fear of losing their 501(c)(3) statuses (thanks to the
IRS’ targeting of conservative groups) might cause churches to fear man
more than they fear God. Shaver says we should look to the past for guidance:
The most frustrating thing about all this is that it doesn’t have to be the legacy we leave for posterity! Our churches and pastors in 2013 should learn from the past and realize what the religious leadership of the Civil Rights Era accomplished! They peacefully took to the streets in protest and ended the greatest injustice of their generation! PROTEST is the key. Protest is what ended that injustice, and protest is what will end this injustice [abortion].