Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chelsey Handler...I would now have had a 20 year old kid...

Well I  never heard of Chelsey Handler and never watched E but due to the amount of press she is getting, she must be some teen star. She is slamming MTV's 16 and Pregnant for glamorizing teen pregnancy. I have tried to watch that show and am not a fan either but it seems that instead of glamorizing teen pregnancy, it shows how hard it is and that the couples always break  up and in many cases the teen moms are left in horrible shape. The language and behavior is pretty much beyond the pale. 

However, Catelynn and Tyler are the exception and I watched that episode many times.  They are the  couple that choose adoption for their baby girl. I have followed them and had the opportunity to meet them in person as I sit on the board of a non profit that educates teens about options in a teen pregnancy. Let me tell you, they are a sweet couple and especially Tyler who is wise beyond his years. They are still a couple , graduated from high school and attending college. They are now continuing to allow  MTV to follow their lives in Season 4. They  are generous and have a heart for helping others understand the truth about adoption. 

But enough of them....back to Chelsey H.  Nice looking girl who is pretty narcissistic . Guess most stars are. She thinks 16 and Pregnant is bad and has a personal reason to be offended.
"Or 16 and Pregnant. Getting rewarded for being pregnant when you’re a teenager? Are you serious? I mean, that makes me want to kill somebody.”
Strange choice of words..... Chelsey.  Kill somebody....Freudian slip??

“I had an abortion when I was 16. Because that’s what I should have done,” Chelsea blatantly states. “Otherwise I would now have a 20-year-old kid."
 Yes, just consider that. Your child would have been 20 now. You could have made the choice to make an adoption plan instead of choosing parenting. And this person would now be an adult. As Tyler and Catelynn would say, why should our child pay the price for our actions.  Catelynn revealed that she had an appt. at PP for an abortion but when Tyler did some internet research on what abortion was and showed Catelynn, the appt. was off. Just the difference between maturity and immaturity....in this it's all about me world.




No comments:

Followers