from Jill Stanek.com
by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Abortion State discusses a lawsuit filed against Planned Parenthood for defrauding taxpayers:
The lawsuit alleges that Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest filed at least 25,000 false claims with HRSA for reimbursements in excess of the amount allowed for oral contraceptive pills and at least another 25,000 for reimbursements in excess of the amount allowed for “emergency contraceptive” (Plan B) pills under the federal government’s 340B drug reimbursement program. Total damages could be as much as $377,134,130.
- Pro-Life in TN
catches an amazing story about a mother who survived a tragic car
accident thanks to recently giving birth. While her 2-week-old son
survived, her mother and 3-year-old daughter lost their lives:
Since the wreck, [Megan] Bouge [pictured left, with husband Brandon] said… [a] surgeon told her that the levels of progesterone that remained in her body from giving birth two weeks prior to the crash was what saved her life because of the healing effects of the hormone.“If I wouldn’t have been pregnant two weeks prior, would I be here?” Bouge asked. “And that’s a God thing. Who else could do that?”
- Big Blue Wave showcases an abstract study from Spain that shows that increased use of contraceptives among the country’s youth has increased, rather than decreased, the abortion rate.
- Abstinence Clearinghouse discusses the issue of delaying marriage and how this delay doesn’t always delay childbirth, which leads to children being subjected to a “revolving cast of caretakers and the social, emotional and financial fallout associated with family instability and single parenthood.”
- Down on the Pharm reminds readers that the deadline to comment to the Department of Health and Human Services regarding Obamacare is April 8. Have your say.
- Bound4Life is spreading the word about Exodus 2013 on April 8, an effort by Abby Johnson’s new ministry outreach to abortion industry workers, And Then There Were None. ATTWN’s plan for workers is to “help you find new job opportunities in your area… [and] provide you with financial assistance to make sure your rent and bills are paid, food is on the table, and gas is in your car while you job hunt… [as well as] free legal representation.”
- American Life League’s Judie Brown connects the dots between Chicago’s huge decline in public school students to both gun violence and a high abortion rate, which seem to be taking their toll. And it isn’t just Chicago that is seeing a decrease in the number of children. Brown says, “America is on the decline and one of the major reasons is the wholesale killing of innocent babies prior to birth.”